Dear friends and mission partners,
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” Ps. 107:1
October was a wonderful, warm and sunny month, like an extended summer. We are so blessed to live close to a park and as often as we could we took the opportunity to take a walk and take beautiful pictures of the lovely trees with its great autumn colours. Then suddenly at the end of October, the weather took a different turn, and we ended up with colder weather.
Ministry-wise we would like to share with you two events we had in October.
First, our Thanksgiving service which also was a family service. Children were very much involved in the service with both songs and bible readings. We shared with each other what we are grateful to the Lord for. It was lovely to see how long the list was. Everything, from being saved to family, health, Lego, dolls and so on.
Afterwards, we had a Swedish smorgasbord as everyone brought something with them. It was a nice fellowship and a great opportunity to get to know each other.
Secondly, our famous – that is locally famous – Hallovän party (our own version of Halloween). We had around 60 visitors that day (fully booked), both children and grown-ups. It was nice seeing faces we recognized and welcoming new ones.
The children’s program was full of games and crafts. Afterwards, we had hotdogs and cake. And before everyone left the children got sweets, which was much appreciated. A good day for everyone in other words.
Encouraging news is that we had several new people coming to our services during the past month. Most of them are coming through friends and some are finding our website too.
- We are grateful for our Hallovän outreach and for all the new people that attended this year
- For the new people that are coming regularly to our church
- For the partnership and friendship, we have with our partner churches
- Please pray for our health (colds), especially for Lotta’s, as she is struggling with a pain in her wrist.
- Pray for the people we are working one on one with, especially those who are struggling with faith and life.
- For the upcoming homegroup leadership training course at the end of November. Our prayer is that these young men and women will grow and mature in Christ.
- And pray for us as we are creating and working through materials for our different ministries.