Knockbreda Parish offers you a warm welcome to a loving Christian family where a variety of worship styles are catered for.
Our family friendly service is The Service Of The Word beginning at 10.30am, with children leaving part way through the service for Sunday School. A creche facility is available for the very young. This is a more relaxed style of worship.
At Knockbreda our vision is to Know Christ and to make Christ Known. Proclaiming Jesus Christ from the Bible is at the very centre of our Church. We aim to love and serve Jesus in what we say and do by
- growing in gospel faith and joy in worship
- ensuring a warm Christian welcome for all
- unlocking the potential for gospel service within the congregation
- caring for our own church and those beyond in service and community outreach
- recognising the need for prayer and Bible teaching
- developing and highlighting opportunities for people to work and travel for gospel service
Everyone is welcome !
Knockbreda Parish is the oldest active parish church in the Belfast area, consecrated in 1737. We continue to proclaim the gospel of Christ and seek to build his kingdom just as we have done for nearly 300 years.
While always looking to the future we are mindful of our remarkable heritage. More information about the history of Knockbreda Parish is available as part of our European Heritage Open Day material on Youtube.
Informal evening services are held at 6.30pm in the hall, with time afterwards for fellowship over a cuppa and traybake. We offer a traditional Anglican Holy Communion at 9am.
Home groups are active for regular Bible study and a range of organisations are available for adults and young people.
- Safeguarding Trust, set up in 1997, is the policy within the Church of Ireland specifically tasked with the safety of all children who are members of our congregation and those who use our premises.
- The Rector, Select Vestry and parish workers are committed to uphold good practice in the parish’s ministry with children and young people.
Knockbreda Parish is home to a lively missionary interest, particularly in Uganda, Rwanda and South America.
We have a desire to incorporate more fully those on the fringe of parish life and those who only have a nominal connection. We hope to provide opportunities for families to build meaningful relationships that provide the basis for mutual caring and support. We want to deepen the desire for worship, prayer and Bible study to equip parishioners for effective Christian witness.